Sunday 21 August 2011

Guess who has been sleeping in a bed?!

Two nights now J has slept in a bed!!
The first time in two years!!
He went to sleep in it with no prompting from me and stayed in there, and not back on to the floor, all night. I know this as I slept very lightly again and as I still had the worries running round my head I was up and down and checked on him several times.
The second night when I said it was bedtime he got into bed and even though he was awake for around 30 minutes he stayed where he was and slept until around 5am before transferring to the hall floor.

This is a major breakthrough and I am not sure why he has chosen to start sleeping back in a bed, but it's great that he has.

I know he may well only do this for a short time before going back to his old sleep places and after two years I am so used to him sleeping on the landing or in the hall that it seems kind of odd that he is not in my way anymore and I don't have to step over him!

We are still at the holiday home and the beds here are nowhere near as comfy as the ones at home so I can't identify it as a comfort issue. And we have been coming here for six months or so so it's not a new surrounding that has enticed him into sleeping where sleep is expected to take place.

I can't even say it is the melatonin as I have not given it to him for four nights as I am still wary of him getting used to it and then it not working anymore, and now the full moon has passed he has calmed down a fraction.

I wonder how long he will keep it up for and whether he transfers it to home and his lovely new small double bed I purchased for him a while ago. I hope so!